A fast and lightweight super-telephoto 400mm fixed focal length lens with a maximum aperture of f/2.8 and an optimized 1.4× teleconverter to fulfill a professional photographer’s must-haves for exceptional quality in greater mobility.
SINGAPORE - Nikon Singapore Pte. Ltd. is pleased to announce the release of the AF-S NIKKOR 400MM f/2.8E FL ED VR, a super-telephoto, fixed focal length (prime) lens with a focal length of 400mm and maximum aperture of f/2.8, and the AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III, a 1.4× teleconverter capable of rendering performance similar to a master lens at maximum aperture.
“The new AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8E super-telephoto lens brings together innovative optics with precise autofocus accuracy to deliver superb images in a lighter package,” said Uemura Kimito, General Manager of International Marketing Division Imaging Group, Nikon Singapore Pte. Ltd. “The fast super-telephoto lens of only 3800g in weight, introduces fluorite elements in its design to achieve exceptional optical performance. This makes it ideal for tracking fast-moving subjects such as those in sports or wildlife photography. Paired with the redesigned AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III, photographers can look forward to capturing images of the highest standards.”
The AF-S NIKKOR 400MM f/2.8E FL ED VR is a super-telephoto lens with fluorite lens elements, ED lens elements, and Nano Crystal Coat for superior optical performance. In addition to the fluorite lens elements, components made of magnesium alloy are fitted to the barrel to make the lens lighter. A tripod collar ring utilizing bearings further ensures smooth transitioning between horizontal and vertical shooting, as well as greater durability.
The super-telephoto lens is also equipped with an electro-magnetic aperture mechanism that contributes to better auto-exposure stability with high-speed continuous shooting, and a vibration reduction (VR) function that offers compensation for camera shake equivalent to a 4.0-stop*1 increase in shutter speed. In additional, the lens is equipped with a Sport vibration reduction mode optimized for tracking fast-moving subjects such as athletes participating in sporting events.
*1 NORMAL mode; measured in accordance with CIPA standards.
A meniscus protective glass with a fluorine coat, produced using a process exclusive to Nikon, has been adopted for the extreme front lens element to increase durability and resistance to water and oils.
With all its components, the AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8E is a lens that responds to the demands of professional photographers who demand the ability to capture decisive moments with on-site sports and press photography.
Meanwhile, the AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III is a 1.4× teleconverter with a new optical design that enables rendering performance close to that of the master lens with shooting at maximum aperture. The same fluorine coat used for the AF-S NIKKOR 400MM f/2.8E FL ED VR has also been adopted for the extreme front and rear lens surfaces.
AF-S NIKKOR 400MM F/2.8E FL ED VR Primary Features
• A super-telephoto fixed focal length (prime) lens with a focal length of 400mm*2 and a maximum aperture of f/2.8 compatible with Nikon full-frame DSLR cameras
• Superior optical performance from a new optical design with which fluorite lens elements, ED lens elements, and Nano Crystal Coat
• Lighter weight from the adoption of fluorite lens elements and components made of magnesium alloy
• Fitted with a tripod collar ring that utilizes bearings
• Equipped with an electro-magnetic aperture mechanism for more stable auto-exposure with high-speed continuous shooting
• Equipped with a vibration reduction (VR) function for camera shake compensation equivalent to a 4.0-stop*3 increase in shutter speed
• Provided with Sport vibration reduction mode
• Adoption of meniscus protective glass with a fluorine coat, produced using a process exclusive to Nikon for greater durability and superior resistance to water and oils, for the extreme front lens element
*2 When used with a Nikon DX-format digital SLR camera, the effective angle of view is equivalent to that of a lens with a 600mm focal length in 35mm  format.
*3 NORMAL mode; measured in accordance with CIPA standards.
AF-S TELECONVERTER TC-14E III Primary Features
• A 1.4× teleconverter capable of rendering performance close to that of the master lens with shooting at maximum aperture
• Application of a fluorine coat, produced with a process exclusive to Nikon, for the extreme front and rear lens surfaces
The AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8E FL ED VR and AF-S TELECONVERTER TC-14E III will be available in starting in late August 2014. For more information on the AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8E FL ED VR and AF-S TELECONVERTER TC-14E III and other Nikon products, please visit http://nikon-asia.com.
Nikon. At the Heart of the Image. Nikon is the world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo imaging technology and is globally recognised for setting new standards in product design and performance for its award-winning consumer and professional photographic equipment. Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd distributes consumer and professional digital SLR cameras, NIKKOR optics, Speedlights and system accessories; Nikon COOLPIX compact digital cameras; Nikon sports optics as well as the Nikon 1 advanced cameras with interchangeable lens system in over 50 countries. For more information, visit http://nikon-asia.com. Connect with Nikon and other photographers on Facebook at www.facebook.com/NikonAsia and get the latest news and information from Twitter by following @NikonAsia.